Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Friday, August 10, 2007

What do you say we spice this life up a bit....


"You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone."
- Percy Cerutty

"It seems to me that people have vast potential. Most people can do extraordinary things if they have the confidence or take the risks. Yet most people don't. They sit in front of the TV and treat life as if it goes on forever."
-Philip Adams

"If God wanted man to play Soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."

-Mike Ditka


So as most of you you know by now, I recently joined the Team in Training Ironteam. I don't swim very well, and I just received a loaner bike from a friend for the time being. But I can run like a motherfucker so for some reason I think I can do this. I am actually quite lucky to have so many friends who do swim and have offered to teach me. And just as many if not more that want to ride with me and give me advice on how to get my own bike when the time comes. The Ironteam staff comes highly recommended as well so I know that in a year from now I will be more than ready. I am excited about this for a number of reasons but it's mainly about my Uncle Mike who I am doing this for. Mike is really sick right now and it doesn't look like he will live long enough to see the day where I can tell him about the event itself. I can only hope that in some way this might ease his pain a bit and make his life a bit more bearable. And when I am training and those days get longer and harder with each passing week, I can think about him and what he went through to get me through those workouts which as hard as they might be, pale in comparison to what he is going through right now.

So, for those of you who were frustrated with my lack of posting lately, I apologize and will pay you back many times over as this training season will definitely have plenty of "post" worthy happenings, stories, and accomplishments. You can also chart my progress from my fundraising page.

Check it out!!!

No comments: