Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Deadliest Catch

I am a huge fan of the show "The Deadliest Catch" so naturally I wanted to drop some crab pots while I was in Alaska. My cousin Patrick and his girlfriend Lisa were great hosts and they saw to it that it was going to happen. We had access to a boat and a crab pot, all we needed was some bait. And what do you use for bait to catch crabs you might ask? Discarded fish parts!!!
Welcome to the Alaska Glacier Seafood Co. where commercial fisherman bring their catch. This processing plant cleans thousands of fish everyday. Patrick comes here for bait because it is of the highest quality, and it's free.

Patrick says this place has the best head in town, and by the looks of this bin, he really knows what he is talking about...















This boulevard of broken dreams seemed endless. And so did the stench. Not only did I lose my appetite for about 20 minutes, we were followed by cats for several hours after this visit...

















And as you can see, we hit paydirt!!! I should work for their tourism board, don't you just want to hop on a plane and go to Alaska???

No comments: