Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Comcast can suck it...



Why is it that everytime I have issues with my cable (not an uncommon phenominon) I end up having to call Comcast several times and speak to several "customer service agents" until I find one that actually knows how to do thier job? This time the issue was the Speed Channel and our inability to view it. My roommate Kathy called and set up an appointment to have a repairman come out and fix the box which happened this morning. I get back from my long run and all I want to do is sit in my lazyboy and watch football. I turn on the TV and the closed captions are on the screen. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn them off so I end up calling Comcast. After spending an inordinate amount of time explaining to the "customer service agent" That the account is under my roommate's name and my name isn't Kathy, he insists on calling me maa'm. This brainiac points out that the cable box does not have a closed caption feature and it must be coming from the TV itself, so I get off the phone. I checked out the tv and the caption feature was off. So now I call back and get a woman this time who seemed to have a much easier time comprehending that a) I was not Kathy and that I was in fact a male, and b) the cable box did have a caption feature and I had to turn off the box in order to go to the off line menu and disable the captions. Why aren't these service reps on the same page? You would think they would go to the same training sessions and all have the same knowledge about the customer service. I mean, c'mon. How fricken hard is it to know if you are speaking to a man or a woman on the phone? I hate Comcast and as far as I am concerned, they can suck it!

Screw you, Comcast....

No comments: