Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hall of Fame

After spending the night in Cleveland (Hello Cleveland!!!), Lecia and I made our way south to Canton, OH and the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If I had to rank all the stops we made along the route to DC, this was easily in my top 5. Guys, visiting the Hall of Fame should be on your lifetime of things to do checklist.
Color commentator and ex-Oakland Raider head coach, John Madden was to be inducted into the HOF later that week. Once inside we were able to pay our respects to the great players of the game. One of Lecia's favorite players is Walter Payton. Here the uniform and helmet from the game he broke the all time yardage record is on display.








Every team in the league is represented with a display, complete with a summary of their accomplishments. Here the Oakland Raiders are represented with one of my favorites, Tim Brown.

Just before the gift shop (every museum in America has one I have come to find...) The holy grail of professional football is on display. The Vince Lombardi Trophy which is awarded to the winner of the SuperBowl every year. This raised the hair on the back of my neck. I couldnt believe I was literally inches away from it...

No comments: