Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Grand Tetons National Park


When Lecia and I plotted our course we oringinally planned on going to Yellowstone. Just about all of our friends told us that Yellowstone was overrated and the place we should really stay and see was the Grand Tetons. I had never heard of the Tetons but so many people talked it up, I just had to check it out. Located about an hour's drive south of Yellowstone next to the town of Jackson, WY. The Grand Tetons is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I can only imagine that if I were to go to the Swiss Alps, this is what it would look like.

That night we pitched the tent, built a little fire, and camped over night. We spent much of that night staring at the abundance of stars in the sky while I did my best Sean Connery impression from Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL. (Oh, you think you are so smart, what with your dago mustache and your greasy hair!!!)We woke the next morning bright and early and went to Jackson lake to get more pictures before we headed north to Yellowstone. The lake was like glass and from the dam I could see thousands of brown trout taking refuge from the fisherman in an area off limits to them.


I highly recommend coming here, it really is amazing.

No comments: