Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Louisville



Today the Ironteam received the bad news that some of us were anticipating, there will be no entries for TnT into either Ironman Canada, or Ironman Lake Placid. We were all warned that this was a possibility about a month ago and were highly encouraged to make contingency plans to register for either the Vineman Full in Napa, or Ironman Louisville. To me the choice was simple, I want to do an actual Ironman event, not an extension of an existing shorter distance race not sanctioned by Ironman. I have been to Louisville before and I liked it a lot. Great night life with lots and lots of live music, something the bay area tends to lack. It's also a couple hours drive to St. Louis and a one hour drive to Cincinnati, two ballparks I haven't been to yet. Also, the people are very nice and have a really fun accent. One more reason to choose Louisville over Napa, you get two more weeks to train/procrastinate... So instead of "Beauty, eh!!!" I'll be hearing "y'all-most-there!"

No comments: