Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On being reviewed

There is a website named Yelp.com that people can go to and make comments about local businesses either recommending or advising against their service. Why anyone would take advice one way or the other from complete strangers with no qualifications or requirements other than Internet access is beyond me, but I was curious if anyone had done any reviews about the store. I went to the site today and typed in the running store's name to see if anyone had praised or panned us lately and I found my name mentioned... Here is some background: A couple walks into the store to find Heather and I alone. We talk to them for a minute and they decide that I would help the girl, while Heather helps the guy. Using a Freudian slip, Heather asks the guy to take a seat and remove his clothes instead of his shoes and the four of us have a good laugh. The rest of the sale was uneventful, we helped them, they were happy, they paid, and left. Here is the review:


"Went with my girlfriend today. They put us on the treadmill and video-taped us running and then played it back in slow-mo to see if we had any quirks that needed accounted for in shoe selection. Then we tried on several pairs and took them for a test run outside (around the back where no one could see us :P ). The people who helped us, Heather and Chris, were awesome and had a wealth of knowledge to share. Oh yeah, and Heather hit on me right in front of my girlfriend. Awesome place! :P"


-picture of the couple included in the review from yelp.com




This is what is wrong with the Internet today. Any jackass can have a cute young girl misspeak to him and all of sudden he gets to go online and tell the world that he is getting hit on by her and anyone can walk into the store and meet her as well. Perhaps he should stop patting himself on the back and pay a little more attention to his own girlfriend, who actually did flirt on me while he was around back trying out his shoes where nobody could see him. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

No comments: