Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'll have the quad latte, please...

A few months back I reported that the results of my physical was a general clean bill of health but that I had a blood pressure reading that was borderline high, 120/90. At the time I was 173 lbs so the doctor told me to come back in three months and we would check it again, only this time come back at 170 lbs or less. Also, he wanted me to cut back on my coffee intake. Not by a lot, but maybe keep it to two cups a day.


Today I went in for my follow up appointment. I stepped on the scale and it read 170.1 lbs. He asked me about my coffee intake and I told him that I had been good, 2 -3 cups a day max. I also told him about the additional working out that I have been doing over the last three weeks and took all red meat out of my diet and I am eating a lot more vegetables. He proceeded to take my blood pressure and it read... (drumroll) 110/82!!!!

Here is the best news of all, he believes that my improved blood pressure reading was due to a combination of the lower weight and the diet lower in fat and more vegetables, and really didn't have much to do with my lower coffee intake.


I proudly marched out of his office and went straight to Starbucks. Make it a Venti Quad Latte, bitches!!!!

No comments: