Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Gun Nuts

Today one of my coworkers, an engineer, invited me to join him and a group of other of the engineers here to an indoor shooting range to fire some guns. He said to me with a straight face "It's a great way to relieve stress. Especially when you have a picture of your boss to shoot at."

Uh, yeah. Where do I sign, Charlie? By the way, did I ever tell you that you are my favorite engineer???


Holy shit, I had no idea that I was surrounded by gun nuts! What is it about some people that makes firing a gun fun, or in this case theraputic? Do they think about shooting people when they fire them? Anybody in particular??? Is it a short penis thing? Maybe it is cause I hate guns. I dont know if its the fact that most guns that land in the wrong hands were purchased legally, then either stolen in home robberies or picked up by children since most of the time they are stored improperly. Or maybe it's the fact that guns bought for protection are most commonly used in accidental shootings. Or maybe its the fact that people are scared and need guns to make themselves feel more secure, when all they really need to do is stop watching the news and lock their windows at night. When I think about the logic that this country has adopted where toy guns are dangerous and should be banned but we have a god given right to keep real guns, it's frightening...


When I need to relieve stress, I find that sex is a great way to deal with it. Unfortunately, it's in short supply these days but there are other ways to cope, like running or working out. Calling friends can do the trick too, but I never thought to pick up a gun to relieve stress. I just don't get it.

No comments: