Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

John, this is Samuel L. Jackson

Some of you may have heard the story about me sending John Martin that joke voicemail from the "Snakes on a Plane" website. Basically what happened is on a Friday afternoon I went to the website, entered John's cellphone number and had the site send John a personalized voicemail about why he should go see Snakes on a plane, and the voiceover is actually the voice of Samuel L. Jackson. You also enter your own phone number so when the recipient gets the call, they look at the caller ID and see your name, prompting them to answer. Unfortunately for John, the call arrived at his cell phone at 5:30 the following morning. This not only woke John and his wife, but it worried him to get a call from me that early in the morning. Half asleep and concerned, John picked up the phone and the conversation went like this.

John: "Hey, Chris. What's going on???"

Voicemail: "JOHN! This is Samuel L. Jackson, and I am here to tell you about Snakes on a Plane...."

Later that morning at Los Gatos High School, John confronted me in an angry tone as only the husband of a scorned woman would, and wanted to know why I sent him a voicemail at 5:30am when in fact it was the day before that I sent it. Hilarity ensues, and here is the actual picture of John confronting me.

"hey Barber, WTF???"

No comments: