Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14th



For most of us (single guys), February 14th truly only means one thing.  Pitchers and Catchers report to camp today!  For me this has always been one of the most important days of the year.  As long as I can remember, the unofficial start of Spring Training has always been a trigger for me to start day dreams of better months to come.  While still mired in the depressing cold and damp wintery days, knowing that the Pitchers and Catchers have reported for spring training just makes me feel better regardless of my current surroundings.  Hope invades my soul once again as I entertain thoughts of warmer, longer days, bbqing on a whim, girls in sun dresses, and the hope that my baseball team is going to have a great year.  To me, there is nothing better than putting all of life's troubles on hold for 4 hours while I sit in my seat at the ballpark, feasting on hot dogs and nachos, cold beverages in oversized cups, screaming my lungs out or simply lounging while catching some rays.  Growing up in California, a lot of folks love the beach but to me it was always about the ballpark.  Pitchers and Catchers reported today.  It's a great day to be alive.

No comments: