Because even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Louisville Crew


These are my teammates that are coming with me to complete Ironman Louisville. As my friend Jeremiah said "The ass is there to be kicked, go KICK ASS!!!"

Tonight I learned and it is with a heavy heart that I say to you an honoree from the Peninsula Run Team, Travis Wallace is now losing his battle with Leukemia. Travis was in his early 30's and very active on the team, participating in several marathons. Whenever I would go to support him in a race he would tell me "go help someone who needs it, I'll be OK." He was a powerful example of how one could overcome a serious illness and live life to it's fullest. Earlier this year he relapsed and after several months of fighting the disease, there is nothing left that can be done. I am dedicating Ironman Louisville to him and his wife Amy and infant daughter, McKenna. My event starts and ends on August 31st but the fight against blood related cancers continues...

Go Team.

1 comment:

-eileen said...

Best of luck, Chris! But most importantly, have FUN!